Monday, September 24, 2012

Getting hip, starting a blog...

Well, Happy Monday, readers (assuming anyone is reading!). My name is Jean and my husband, Dusty,  and I are having a baby! We found out the great news back in July and have had our heads spinning ever since.

* Just a quick (the really fast version) background to our new situation: I was laid off from my awesome job at the bank, had job offer after job offer fall through, found out we were pregnant, decided to stay home and here we are with one income- fun! Now, it sounds terrible and bitter but since the second trimester started and I feel great! I have enjoyed it very much. Our house has never been cleaner and I am starting to understand the role of a stay-at-home mom- which is good because there's a baby in the tummy!!!

We were originally planning to not find out the gender of Baby Goley until we met the little hamster. It was in my mind that life has so many surprises and very few are any good. Mostly bad, if you think about it. So we were hanging on to one of the guaranteed good surprises... UNTIL... My sweet husband, who has suffered through everything from car seat options to breast pump features (already!) like a champ, finally spoke up about something he wants to do. He wanted to have a party with all our friends and family to reveal if Baby Goley is a boy or a girl. His plan was pretty generic but given that I now have all this free time I will definitely be sprucing it up and making it a real party (not just releasing a specific color balloon and posting it on FB)! 

So for now I will leave and do my daily "research"; everything from safety ratings on cool gear to party planning stuff! 

Click HERE to go to my Pinterest page (if you aren't on Pinterest, What the heck are you doing!?!?) and on it you should find all kinds of cool links and pictures but a whole pin Board dedicated to Baby Goley, entitled "Oh, Baby!" Please make sure I already follow you too, especially if you are rocking out cool baby and kid pins!!!


Baby Goley at 10 weeks (going for my 14 weeks checkup Thursday but I may not get anther ultrasound...)



2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl! This little baby will be spoiled and loved so much :) Especially from it's Canadian family! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that little peanut already!!!!

    ReplyDelete