Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Ellington-Anne (Elli-Anne) Goley... Our Baby GIRL!!!

Well, it is official! We are having a Baby GIRL! Ellington-Anne Goley was smothered in love and support this Saturday past at our Gender Reveal Party. (You may remember the last post about what our plans were for this party and what the heck it is.) We invited our families and close friends to be a part of the biggest surprise of our lives! I have never been so thrilled and totally side-swiped as I was Saturday!


We kicked off the party with some healthy betting. The idea here was that guests would drop a dollar or so and place a bet whether they thought it was going to be a boy or a girl. Once we knew the gender of Baby Goley, we would draw a name from the bucket and the winner would win a Tyler Candle! What turned out better than expected, was that most guests started their bets at $5 and went up to $20 each! Let's just say, "Thanks!" for that, because, as it turns out, girls can be very expensive!!!

To help place your bet, we displayed some "Old Wives Tales" and my answers to them. (After having a long discussion and a Google-off about whether it was "old wives tales" or "old wise tales"- I won!)
Check out the answers and see what your guess would have been!















We also served food before the big reveal. My husband's (really messy!) Award-Winning Chili warmed us all up (and made us all squirmy :) - it has like a million kinds of beans in it!) and prepared everyone for the anxiously awaited information.


Dusty and I finally picked up our cupcakes: Man, I was so nervous!

We decided to turn around so we could see the cupcake first, then turn and show the crowd. Now, I must say, I was absolutely rug-swept-out-from-under-me-floored! The whole pregnancy, I thought Baby Goley was surely a boy and that is the only concept I had wrapped my head around. So when I saw pink in that cupcake, well my faces said it all. As for Dustin, let me just tell you, I have seen that face before. The night I told him I was pregnant (remember I told you) he leaned over the counter and started spitting, well, at the reveal, he leaned on the table and it was priceless! Check out his surprised face! (Note: The camera was on constant shot, meaning it was taking pictures very fast to catch everything. So, as promised, I'm showing the good, bad and ugly!)










So a baby girl... Hard to believe, even still today. We already had a few things picked out either way, like a nursery wall color (Tiffany/ Aqua blue) and names. For our baby girl we had Ellington-Anne (Elli-Anne for short) Goley and for a boy we had Grierson Scott Goley. So Elli-Anne will be the first addition to our little family and we could not be more thrilled! Even Sam Bo Riley was excited!










I figure I should save some tear-jerking for a later post when it finally hits me that we are having a little sweet girl so I will just say, "Thanks for reading!"




4 comments:

  1. Oh SNAP! I forgot a very important part (I'm totally a weak blogger) Thank you to Kim Guice for the beautiful pictures of everything!!! If you don't know Kim, you are missing out- she is basically "The Shit"... <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Jean! It's so sweet you are having a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH!!! Little girls are by far the BEST!!!!

    ReplyDelete