Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Check in with Elli-Anne!

Hello!
So I know I have been a terrible blogger to leave you all hanging just when things are getting good! I am back though, so have no fear! Firstly, let me make excuses for myself :). I took the Praxis 1 test today in Mobile, AL and passed! I was studying for this test and trying desperately to stay away from blogging in the mean time. It was very hard! But, now I have passed this one and am about to move on to the next two. The Praxis 2 tests I am taking are English and Family & Consumer Sciences. These tests are scheduled for December 18th & 20th so I may have to step back again to study for these. After Christmas though, I am in the clear to blog your eyes off!

Now that excuses are out of the way, on to what you may have missed! I am currently 23 weeks with Ellington-Anne Goley. She is moving more and more every day and last night she gave her daddy a ninja kick right before bed! It was pretty amazing that Dustin could finally feel her. We laid in bed trying to describe what it felt like to each other (to me it is like someone is tapping their finger on my tummy from the inside, to him it felt like a quick twitch on his hand). She is getting stronger and stronger every day and I have noticed that she sleeps less than she used to, allowing more time for play in there. In fact, she played what seemed like all night last night while I was trying to sleep! If I want to feel her all I have to do is eat and within a few minutes there she is, tae-kwon-do baby! I am looking forward to seeing my belly move, as so many people tell me about!

We had our 23 week check-up (thrown a little off-schedule due to the holidays- so it was for 5 weeks, not the usual 4) on Monday and everything looked great! I love Dr. Vice because, despite the fact that I gained more weight in this 5-week period than I have the entire pregnancy, he said I "looked perfect". Drum roll please... We (I am totally roping Elli in this one!) gained 13 pounds from 18-23 weeks! Ahh!!! So when I refer to her as "The Beast " or "Elli-Belly" stop defending her! We are getting pretty big. I don't care though- I guess you could say I am fine with sacrificing anything for her already, even my body and swimsuits! Although, I don't have any stretch marks yet, I feel them coming. There are what appear to be tiny little veins running from my left rib cage towards my belly button that look suspiciously like the beginnings of stretch marks... but I can't be sure yet. I am itching like a fool! So I have been tummy buttering, dry oiling and slathering on the lotion constantly! Paranoid much?

We have been working on the nursery (Stop. Don't even ask for pics yet; I want to finish or mostly finish and post them all on the same blog) like crazy! Dustin is the sweetest daddy ever (already!), sparing no expense for his little girl's room and being super handy and dedicated to time-consuming projects! I <3 my husband! We have the crib, mattress, and rug on order, and then I found "the" fabrics I plan to use for the crib skirt and chair throw pillow, and to line or cover the openings for the cubes! So I will update that in a post as soon as the things on order come in and it is mostly finished!

We visited Columbus recently and got a very generous amount of clothing and other miscellaneous items from a friend and my aunt... So, I think it is safe to say that 3 storage totes of amazing baby clothes (most with tags!) will suffice for this little rotten thing, for at least the first year! I won't be needing any clothes at any of my showers... I also (you already read an entire blog about this, but hey...) won't be needing disposable diapers, wipes, or any of their accessories like the Genie, wipes warmers, etc. because we are cloth diapering and, therefore, also using cloth wipes! Sure, call me granola, nay-say all you want... I stopped caring about, oh, the second I realized that we are the ones committing to do this (so all you people who just have something to say but no real input, meaning you don't plan to ever change one of our daughter's diapers anyway... shut up and go on- find something else to focus your negative energy on!). Whew-there. I said it. Now we can move on!


We have all of our registries ready to go (after quite a few frustrating customer service line calls to unsaid stores... ehem... Walmart & Babies R Us). So if you are interested or just want to get a head-start on your shower gift (I hate that I always procrastinate and end up having to get the last few little random things that are no fun and never go cute together... everyone always beats me to the good gifts in the right price range!) then you can go check out our 4.7 million different registries! We have 3 showers in 3 different cities so we had to accommodate each one with stores they have available to them. So, we are registered at Babies R Us, Target, Walmart and Amazon.com. The first 3 have pretty much the same stuff, covering everything from bottles to blankets and then the Amazon.com registry has all of our cloth diapering needs (and a few other miscellaneous things)!

Hmmm... What else?...Oh yes, I am hosting the (first and) final Tyler Candle party this Friday night at my house. This is meant to help anyone who is in the area who likes Tyler candles but wants to smell the ones I have left before they buy them... Bring it on! Elli-Anne gets all the money and, believe me, we need it because she has been very expensive! I have a limited number of each scent/product left so hopefully this will sell-out! Then an added plus is the extra closet space it will free up for more baby stuff- they require an insane amount of stuff! If this is your first hearing of this, I am selling the Tyler Candles from my mom's store (closed) under cost, meaning that you pay less than what we did at wholesale! Candles prices are as follows: Small $3, Medium $6, Large $9 and the other miscellaneous products (wash, lotions, etc.) run no more than $9. This should be pretty nice for Christmas! Speaking of, the Christmas scents accidentally went to auction, but check my Facebook page and I will link that page up in the next few days so you can go get those for dirt cheap!

I am working on a Christmas list for a quick blog (maybe tomorrow :) ?) so be looking out for a sweet and sassy Santa Baby post soon!

Thanks for reading and I love your comments and questions so come on with 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment